
Many animals live in my neighborhood. There are goats, sheep, roosters, cows, and a whole bunch of dogs. Including ours, there are approximately twenty of them! We have two German Shepherds. They are very nice. In my neighborhood, there are mostly small dogs. People around here have only five bigger dogs and a whopping 15 smaller dogs, approximately!
In addition to canine species, yesterday I saw a giant beetle that measured an inch an a half long. It was SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
In addition to canine species, yesterday I saw a giant beetle that measured an inch an a half long. It was SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now to tell you about roosters and what I think are goats and sheep. About two houses away from us a goat and a sheep reside in the same pen - at least I think that’s what they are. By their pen is a whole bunch of grass, leaves, and flower petals. So you can feed the goat and the sheep. The roosters always cock-a-doodle-do every morning. But at first, we did not know where they were, but the second time we went for a walk, we saw the roosters right next to the only other German Shepherd in our neighborhood. I am very grateful that we get to live in a neighborhood with so many animals!
3 comments:
Hi Anson,
How clever of you to do an animal inventory. I was surprised that there were more smaller dogs than big dogs. I guess I assumed they would mostly be big "guard dogs" like people in Costa Rica had.
I hope you can get the picture of the big beetle up. We too saw giant bugs in Costa Rica when we were there. Many of them were very beautiful, but still creepy because they looks like North American bugs on steroids. Pretty or not it makes your skin crawl to think about one of them landing on you.
Love Grandma J
Sounds like a cross between a zoo and a barnyard! Have you seen any interesting birds? Does it rain there like it did in Iowa? Keep us posted!
Actually now the goats now have kids.
Post a Comment